Saturday, March 12, 2011

I am synonymous

It is clear that we require meaning. Our lives need significance, import, substance, usefulness, value, essence, and consequence.  We need powerpoint and bar graphs and collectibles and little paper awards signifying our significance.  Because in the end, if there is no point, then what the fuck is the point?

We make this meaning up as we go along (existence before essence).  I decide that what I say or do or think has value.  Or I decide that some god gives it value.  This means I also decide when it is meaningless.  When it is futile, pointless, empty, hollow, purposeless, insignificant, and incomprehensible.

Or maybe I decide that it just is.  That what I say or do or think is just what I say or do or think.  It exists as it is.  

But I can't just 'be', can I?  I have to abide, continue, endure, happen, last, prevail, and survive.  I cannot be, I can only become.  Inactivity and complacency are existential impossibilities.  

So I ask myself, what the fuck am I talking about anyway?  What does it all mean?


No comments:

Post a Comment